It’s almost always an –
- I don’t know who I am problem
- I don’t know how much pain I am willing to take problem
- I don’t have the patience to give my stocks time to grow problem
- I bought on the tip of that popular social media influencer and did not do my homework problem
- I did not diversify well problem
- I bought the stock just because it dipped problem
- I cannot resist my friends getting rich problem
- I love to fall in love with my stocks problem
- I cannot differentiate between stock price and intrinsic value problem
- I suffer from a buy at any price problem
- I borrowed to invest problem
- I invested the money I needed soon problem
- I don’t have time on my hands to see through market cycles problem
- I trade too much and too often problem
- I keep watching and worrying about stock prices problem
- I will watch the market and my portfolio again after reading this post problem
And so, I must remind myself this at all times –
A market crash is ‘never’ the problem. ‘ I’ am the problem, and I must sort myself out, because that is only what I control. And if I can control the ‘I’ better, a market crash will never be a problem.
That’s about it from me for today.
If you are seeing this newsletter for the first time, you may subscribe here .
The Sketchbook of Wisdom: A Hand-Crafted Manual on the Pursuit of Wealth and Good Life